Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Coney Island


Curtis and I got up on Monday and took the hour train ride to Coney Island. What a crazy place that was. It was like Puallup Fair meets Miami beach! Our first stop was the original location of the famous Nathan's hot dogs stand. They had the BEST corn dogs ever!!! We then walked around the fair for a bit and then headed to the Brooklyn Aquarium. It was pretty crowded and crazy in there. Half way through we stopped to watch a sea lion show which was lots of fun.


After the aquarium we took a walk down the boardwalk to see the beach. It was really windy but a gorgeous walk and I even got some more corn of the cob on the way. As the day went on the crowds got worse and worse and we were ready to get out of there. Coney Island was fun but not meant to go on a holiday, it was too much! See pictures

Once we got back into Manhattan we started to walk to the Lions Tavern for some dinner and drinks and on our way we saw a bunch of Memorial Day block parties with everyone out barbecuing and playing games. Even the Morningside Park was full of people. It was fun to see and I'm excited for summer in NY..looks like it's going to be a blast! We had a fun day together and I wish Curtis didn't have to leave. Maybe we can find a water district here so he can work in NY for a couple of months! :-) hee hee I wish!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Sea Lion Show. Was he singing at the end. JY