Sunday, May 25, 2008

Around the town


On Saturday morning Curtis and I went to brunch at Kitchenette on 122nd and Amsterdam. It was good food but expensive. When we finished eating we walked towards Riverside Park and ran across Grants Tomb. What a cool place that was! Once we got into the park we walked from 122nd to 97th along side the Hudson river. Riverside Park is a lot different from Central Park. First thing is that it's much smaller and second you are close to the road so you don't escape the the busy noise of traffic. We did enjoy the walk though and just hanging out together. We then headed down to the Chelsea pier for Curtis to do some swings at the golfing range. He had fun and almost hit the ball to the end! We then went across town to the the Williamsburg bridge and walked across. I had heard that the view was better then the Brooklyn bridge so I wanted to check it out. I would say that the view was better but your view was more restricted and the bridge itself wasn't as pretty. We then stayed in Brooklyn for the night and got some dinner at Mugs Alehouse. After we started to get tired we then caught the L to the 2 and stopped off at Dive Bar for a night cap close to home. We ended up getting home around midnight. It was a good day! See pictures

No comments: