Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My heel

Today I went to see a Podiatric, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld in the Empire State Building, about my heel and the diagnosis is a form of Plantar fasciitis. It is just the start of it and she hopes I can take care of it myself before it gets worse. She taped my foot which I have to leave on for five day and I can't wear "flip flops" or flats anymore. My shoe number will drop drastically! I bought some heel lifts to wear in all my shoes and need to get different sneakers before working out again. She showed me a calf stretch that I have to do two times a day. So hopefully all of this will work. If when I take the tape off in five days and it gets worse again I have to go back and see her. Hopefully that wont happen! She said that it probably was caused by walking to work in nonsupporting shoes and that my vigorous workout with my new sneakers could've made it worse. My poor little heel :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie with no flip flops is like Seattle with no rain. I can't believe it. Hang in there. When you get home we will go shoe shopping.

Huge hugs, C

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got some good help. Really can't wear flats? What can you wear? Grammie and Marty both had plantar fasciitus. They both had to wear supports, and yes, they did get better. Grammie sends her love.

Love you, Jules.