Friday, July 4, 2008
Boring week
All week I've been working, working out, and hanging out at home. Pretty boring but good for me to relax for a bit cause I know it will pick up again. Thursday after working out I met Danielle for a movie at 42nd St. We saw The Happening which was pretty good but I covered my eyes for all the scary parts. Afterwards we stopped by Dive 75 Bar for a bit and then home for I'm on call for July 4th. It's going to be a fun weekend and I can't wait to see NY fireworks...supposed to be the best around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yikes!!! Glad I didn't see that movie with you, Jules! I wonder if people make movies like that from their dreams and fears? Love you. JY
I went on the web to see what you are going to be doing tonight!!! JY
National display
After dark, more than 3 million people were expected to attend the nation's largest fireworks display along New York's East River, moved south this year so onlookers would get a better view of the city skyline.
Organizers said this year's show, broadcast on NBC, will include new nautical fireworks that float on the water. Other new shells will go through multiple transformations after they launch, providing four different effects.
And it wouldn't be July Fourth without the annual hot dog eating competition at Coney Island in New York. This year was another heartbreaker for longtime champion Takeru Kobayashi of Nagano, Japan.
He was trying to reclaim his title after a disappointing three-dog loss last year to Californian Joey Chestnut shattered his six-year winning streak. But it was not to be: Chestnut made it two wins in a row, beating Kobayashi in a tiebreaker.
Oh, duh! If I had clicked on your NY fireworks, I would have found out what you were up to the easy way. JY
Roobins,
I still have the video of our time at the Philadelphia 4th of July fireworks. Let's watch it sometime!
Love ya,
Pa
Post a Comment