
Sunday morning I got a text from Mike saying Ocho! Of course I knew what that was...breakfast at Calle Ocho's!!! After working out I met Mike and his roommate there around 11:30am. Once again we had a blast and enjoying eating nummy food and drinking sangria! On our way out I went to the bathroom really quick and the way they marked the mens from the womens was by Lucy and Ricky. How cute is that!!! :-)

After brunch I went to
MOMA! I've been trying to go ever since I moved here but just haven't made the time. It was a very nice museum, large but not overwhelming. My favorite part was seeing my favorite paintings that I studied in college right in front of me! The best part of an original is to see how they used the paint, thick or very smooth. My favorite painting since I can remember is a piece by Pablo Picasso,
Violin and Grapes. In college I mimicked his style and did a painting in gauche. Good memories...I should start painting again! Right now MOMA has a
Dali exhibit that was very interesting. He's not my favorite but I enjoyed it none the less. My favorite piece of his was a part of the 3D shadow box series painted on glass, very cool. (I couldn't find a picture of it online) Back in the day Dali worked on a
cartoon with Disney which was never finished, that was neat to see.
See pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment