
Saturday I slept in til about noon and it felt so good, I was exhausted from the 4th! I finally got up and made myself breakfast and watched a few Charmed episodes(no laughing). I then worked out and showered. I had left my computer at work so I decided to walk there through Central Park. It was actually nice outside, the temperature dropped to about 69 degrees and there was a light drizzle...besides the humidity it almost felt like Seattle weather. As I was walking I heard music and ran into Summer Stage (where live, free concerts are held in the park) and stopped for a bit to listen. After leaving I walked another 15 blocks and reached the end of the park where 5th avenue didn't look too crowded so I decided to walk that way. I passed a bunch of high end stores, the cool MAC store, Trump Towers, Saint Thomas Church, and really cool window displays. I went inside the church (turning my cell phone off unlike my poor mommy) and it was wonderful and full of beautiful architecture! I finally made it to work to get my computer, then home for some dinner, and then a movie. It was a very nice and relaxing day! See pictures
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your adventures with us, Julie. What an awesome church. Glad you turned off your cell phone. I will never forget that day mine went off in Saint Patricks. But I am still free and alive! Looks like you had a great weekend....and there is one day left. I always love seeing the photos. Love you. JY
Post a Comment