
I was on call for the holiday so I had to get up at 8am to log in and work. After I worked most the day, around 2pm I met Danielle and her mom and she gave us a ride over to NJ for a barbecue at Megan and Hugh's new place. It was a spacious place with an awesome view. Megan had a bunch of food and sweets prepared, and her place was all decorated. We all had a good time. Then Danielle and I left around 7pm so I could head back into the city for the 32nd Annual Macy's Fireworks Spectacular along the east river. I met Mike at work and we walked down to 20th st and got about 1/2 mile from the FDR. We had a pretty good view but I can see why people wait for three hours in line to get ON the FDR....maybe next year if I'm still here. In this video you can see the people on the FDR on the right/bottom (video is sideways) What an amazing fireworks show, I was pretty impressed.
There were estimated to be around 3 million people down watching the show, 35,000 shells fired, fireworks shotting 1,200 feet in the air with new orange color, balloon fireworks, and it was insane!!! I thought Times Square on a weekend was bad! This was Macy's 150th anniversary and they wanted to make it special and I think they really did.

After the fireworks show was over Mike and I walked across town and the Empire was in red, white and blue. It was pretty cool to see. I'm glad I braved the crazy crowd, it was definitely worth it. We then stopped off at Dive Bar for a few drinks and then home to pass out. Pretty good Forth of July. See pictures
1 comment:
Julie, this is from one of your fellow bloggers that loves the Sound of Music just like you. I found this on her blog. It looks like there are 15,300 people who like the Sound of Music. This girl Renee was number four or five on the list. This is what she said about her 4th of July.
We had a wonderful day celebrating our country's birthday! It was hot - but the Blessings did surprisingly well! We even met Meredith and her family - please go here: http://www.lifeat7000feet.com/ to check her wonderful blog out! She was so sweet and I felt that we could have a precious friendship - if we can coordinate our schedules to get together!
As I watched the fireworks and rocked our little S-girl, I found myself with tears streaming down my face and praying fervently for a nation that is on the cusp of some critical decisions both with court rulings and future elections. I pray that the blessings ( both mine and yours)will be able to grow up in a country where FREEDOM is still FREEDOM and where democracy is still democracy and not dictatorship based upon minority opinion and beliefs. Please join me in praying for this nation that we know and love!
We hope that your day was extra special!
Blessings!
Renee
Post a Comment