Saturday, July 12, 2008

Meeting new people

Every Friday morning on my way to the subway I pass a street market with tuns of veggies, fruits, and other stuff. I'm always on the look out for good beets but usually no stand has any. This morning they did!!! I was so excited and bought a bunch of beets and can't wait to steam them up with some carrots, onions, and potatoes. (my favorite meal of all)

After work I went down to a sporting goods store on 18th and Broadway called Paragon where I got fitted for some new workout shoes. My old ones are about 2 years old and I'm starting to get chin splints and the arches on my feet are killing me. They first put me on a treadmill for a few minutes while a machine analyzed my run and finally concluded that my feet turn in a bit and I will need extra support on the inside. It then looked up shoes in my price range that would work best with my foot. I have to say these new workout shoes are very comfortable and my feet are going to love them! Well worth the money for sure.

I then went over to Caliente Cab on 33rd and 3rd to meet Anne and her friend Jenny that just flew in from London for the weekend. She was such a sweet person and I loved her accent! A bit later 4 more of Jenny's friend that flew in from London met us and we all had a fun night together. After we finished at Caliente Cab we took them down to Spring Lounge, Little Italy for dinner at ?, and then Kabin on the LES (lower east side). Jenny and this other lady (can't remember her name) told me so many cool stories of all the places they have traveled to. MAN, it makes me want to travel more: Australia, Europe, South America, African Safari, Thailand, Egypt! There are so many cool places out there to see and experience. It makes me think, a family or travel the world???? I wonder if I could manage to do both? Well, it was another late night but we had a blast and I finally got to see Little Italy :-) See pictures

No comments: