Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More of Central Park

I had Tuesday off of work and it was mom's last full day in NY. We had breakfast at the little Metro diner by my house before heading to the east side of the park. I hadn't walked much of that side so it was fun to see areas I hadn't seen before. We made our way down to the Central Park Zoo. It's a smaller zoo but it was easy to navigate around. When we got to the polar bears they were out playing around and we watched them for about an hour. I loved the zoo and felt it was just small enough for a quick afternoon tour.

For lunch we went to the Central Park Boathouse Cafe on the lake. The view was beautiful and had a great time! After lunch we headed to the Frick Collection on 70th. It was a collection of various painting that Mr. and Mrs. Frick had recieved or bought over the years. I think it was probably one of my favorite museums because it was relatively small and it was cool being inside of the old mansion. The whole thing was amazing not just the paintings.

Later we walked back into the park and grabbed a pedi cab that took us from 70th, through the park to 59th, and all the way to 45th in Times Square. That was a blast! I'd never done that before ;-) see picture

2 comments:

Your mom! said...

Julie and I both had the Beets!
Salt Roasted Beets $12
Toasted walnuts, chicory and aged blue cheese dressing

Julie had chicken:
Herb Grilled Chicken Paillard $16
Frisse, yellow peppers, harcort vert, parmesan ribbons and sherry vinaigrette

Jan had trout:
Sauteed Brook Trout $25
Warm red potato salad, pickled green tomatoes and slaw

Talk about good food!

joobielinders said...

Oh yah, good food for sure! I'm going to miss being able to order beets at almost any restaurant :-(