
Curtis got to my place at 8am and he was pretty tired from his red eye flight so he took a nap til about 11am. We then headed to Coney Island for the Mermaid Parade and some corn dogs at Nathan's. Elizabeth came with us to watch the parade and man it was crazy there....very interesting! The sun was so hot that all of us sweat the whole time, it was pretty disgusting. After the parade was over Elizabeth left and Curtis and I took a walk down the boardwalk and the dock to the end. It was so gorgeous out and the breeze from the water felt so good.

We then headed to
Pala on the lower east side for my birthday dinner. Elizabeth, Danielle, Ian, Tara, Phil, and Jenna all showed up and we had a good time and it had a fun atmosphere. Ian and his girlfriend Tara got my a bottle of wine, that was so sweet of them. We all then headed over to
The Sixth Ward to meet Anne, JP, Michele, her brother for some birthday drinks. Later Sam, Sarika, and Jaci showed up and we all had fun night. When Sam came she brought me a wrapped present with a purse full of girly stuff, how nice that was of her. I can't believe so many people came; it felt good especially since I was homesick for my friends and family in Seattle on my birthday celebration. I don't think I would've made the night without crying if Curtis hadn't have been with me. He was my rock last night and I love him so much. It was a good 30th birthday celebration :-)
See pictures
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Julie. I love you so much and am glad you were born!
Wish I was with you today. At least we had a chance to celebrate when I was there.
Roobins,
Sounds amazing at Coney Island. And what sweet pictures...and also of our hike up to the falls at Tiger Mtn. I so wish I could be with you on your birthday. I just think back of the great times we had celebrating it when Jan & I were with you in May. I can't even remember how many plays and dinners we did. I'm so glad you were born and I can still picture & will always treasure the event! I love you, Pa.
Oops! I forgot to sign my name at 10:00. Grammie and I were up until 10:30 looking at all the photos on the your blog! She said that you could make cards out of your flower photos! Thanks for taking the pictures cuz we sure enjoy them. Hope your birthday is extra special. Love you, Mommy
Post a Comment