Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sangria Sunday

Curtis and I slept in late on Sunday and finally got up around noon, it felt so good to get a long night of sleep. We were starved and I've been wanting to try this place out called Calle Ocho that has a FREE sangria bar with brunch so we decided to go there. On our walk there Curtis and I ran into a street fair on Columbus right by my house. It was awesome, anything you can image was there to buy and it spanned 10 blocks. I wanted to stop to get some stuff but we were hungry and meeting Mike Gee at Calle Ocho so decided to shop on the way back. About 5 blocks from Calle Ocho a thunder storm hit and it started pouring down rain; it lasted for about 20min! Crazy NY weather and good thing I had my umbrella!


Brunch was AMAZING!!! The bread, 10 different kinds of sangria, eggs benedict, and omelets were all to die for! Curtis liked it so much that I think it will be our brunch place every time he comes to NY. After we finished eating we went back through the street fair and I bought 600 thread count sheets for $30 bucks and a t-shirt with my zip code on it :-) I love it!!!

Later that night Curtis and I went to go see a comedy show at Carolines featuring Loui CK. We enjoyed ourselves completely. After the show we stopped by Curtis' favorite place, ESPN Zone. I love how Curtis and I always have so much fun together. Another awesome day with Curtis! See pictures

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is the place you and I tried to have brunch... Glad it was so awesome. Besides, I would have hated not getting to try the sangria.

Huge hugs, C

Anonymous said...

Hey Jubies!

That's looks too good to pass up! When Kriss and I come, you have to take us there, kay!?

Glad your birthday was so special! Thanks, Curtis!

B-