Monday, August 4, 2008

Trying for a relaxing day

Sunday when Jane and I woke up we were still tired from Philly. We had slept in till 11am and then got ready to have brunch at Calle Ocho. Jane enjoyed it and love her dish. After we were stuffed we headed down to 72nd and Columbus to the Crocs store to get me some comfortable walking shoes. I found a pair of celeste canvas crocs that have good support that aren't too ugly. Hopefully they will help my foot. After I bought the shoes we went across the street for Jane to get a gel fill and I ended up getting a mani, pedi, and 10min massage! I was so relaxed by the time we left I was ready for a nap. We then kept walking down Columbus and ran into a 10 block street fair and found Jane a new bag for only 15 bucks. She was supper excited. By this time we were getting hungry again and realized we had walked almost 40 blocks and was past Lincoln Center (62nd) and were only three blocks away from Jane's favorite place, Rosa Mexicano. We stopped in for some guacamole dip and ended up eating dinner as well. When we left there we decided a movie sounded nice and relaxing so walked to the Lincoln Center theater and got tickets to Hancock. While we waited for the movie to start we hung out at this little wine bar Barcibo Enoteca where I had a $14 glass of wine....crazy me but it was really good. After the movie (fun & entertaining) we went home and just relaxed before I crashed hard. We tried for a relaxing day but we still were all over the place. I'm super excited for a whole week with Jane here, we still have so many fun things to do before we leave on Friday!

No comments: