Thursday, November 6, 2008

A few BAD days

Monday night I noticed that under my sink I had some mice droppings. I was not happy at all and it was too late that night to do anything about it except to clean, clean, clean. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night. When I got to work on Tuesday it was election day and work was crazy. That morning I called my landlord to have them help with the mice problem and they told me that an exterminator would come on Wednesday morning. I worked a shorter day in the office and went with Today show peeps to take some photos of Harlem(pictures). All I could think about was the mice roaming around my place. By the time I got home it was 5pm and I needed to get to bed because I had to be at work at 3am. I tried to ignore the mice and finally fell asleep around 8pm. Around 11pm I got woken up by cheering and fireworks outside from the excitement of Obama winning. Now that I was awake, I could hear my neighbors having a party and the mice again. Finally around 12:30am I fell asleep only to have my alarm go off at 2am. Around 10am I called my landlord to make sure everything went okay with the exterminator and they said he never showed up. I soon left work at noon and went straight to my buildings office to figure out what happened. To make it short, the maintenance guy's finally came up, patched up a bunch of gaping holes, and gave me some traps. I then cleaned up after them and hoped the mice were gone.

Today was a bit better and I got up with no mice in my traps. Hopefully that is all over with! Now I'm just so excited about coming home!!! Only 6 more days. It will be so good to see Curtis, family(especially the little ones), and friends. I miss home so much!

No comments: