Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bronx Zoo & MET

Today we wanted to get an early start so we stopped for a quick bagel at Lenny's. The bagels there were awesome and Evan said it was the best bagel he had ever had! Then we hopped on the 2 and headed for the Bronx Zoo. The weather so far was starting out really nice and we hope it holds up. Our main goal at the zoo was for Evan to take a camel ride. Evan loved it and we also saw lots of cool animals! We had a fun time and Evan likes to take as many pictures as I do!

We then headed to the MET for Mike and Evan really wanted to see the armor exhibit . While they took their time there I made it around the whole museum. It was a very cool museum! Mike wished he had a whole day to spend there but Evan and I were fine with just a hour ;-) Then we took a cab home and got ready for the night.

For dinner we went to Times Square where we had a slice at Bella Vita. Both Mike and Evan agreed that they had the best pizza ever! Mike got a chicken one and I think I need to have that kind next time I go.


Tonight was the big night where Evan and Mike went to see The Lion King. They both loved it and were really impressed with the costumes and music! I went to see God of Carnage which is nominated for best play and direction of a play on Broadway; plus and four of them are nominated for best actor/actress. I agree, the play was hilarious and all four of them were fantastic! It was fun to see James Gandolfini, Marcia Gay Harden, Jeff Daniels and Hope Davis on stage.

After the show we were waiting for the 1 sub and a subway performer asked Evan to play his steel drums. He got up there in front of a crowded station and played. Mike and I were so impressed! To top the night off we had cheesecake at the Metro Diner on our walk home. What a great day! see pictures

No comments: