Sunday was our last day together and we had lots of miles ahead of us so we made sure to get up early. We first drove along the shore of Maine to Portland. Maine was absolutely beautiful and Curtis and I fell in love. The Nubble lighthouse, Perkins cove, and Ogunquit were all so quaint and homey. We hope to go back one day and travel up past Portland...I hear it keeps getting more spectacular.
We then drove through New Hampshire and it felt like a frozen winter wonderland. All the lakes and rivers were frozen making for some beautiful scenery. At one point we stopped at Little Squam Lake and took a walk out into the middle of it...that was a blast! (video)
We then crossed the border into Vermont and this area was just cute! My favorite part was the neat style of architecture that all the buildings had. It partly reminded me of Leavenworth in how everything has a certain styled look to it. Absolutely adorable!At dusk we started the 241 miles back to NY to end what was an awesome weekend road trip. I finally got to see more of the east coast and most places I hadn't been to before. Maine was our favorite part of the trip by far and we can't wait to go back. Maybe we should get married there?! ;-) Just kidding...lol! When we finally made it home I cooked Curtis his favorite meal, Chicken Sabourine. It was a memorable last day together. pictures
1 comment:
You are seriously brave. I don't know if I could walk out on that lake like you did. What a fun weekend. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
Post a Comment